Join the fun at Sunday School
After the Children's Talk in the main morning service, our teachers guide the children to Sunday School. We believe that although the faith education of children is primarily the responsibility of parents, it is helpful to provide children with the opportunity to know God through this child-friendly program.
Children from age
three through the end of primary school are welcome to attend. We find that older children
are better served in worshipping in the auditorium with the parents during the
Sunday Morning service. High Schoolers may like to attend our monthly youth program (click here for more info).
Planning for Sunday School draws
on a curriculum produced by Discipler. This gives our teachers material to help plan
fun activities that work to building relationships with the Children and God,
the teachers and the children, and the children with each other.
Each session consists of four parts which are expanded on
- Present lessons teaching that they can trust in
- Provide opportunities to think about in what
ways they can trust in God.
- Encourage thoughts about how their trust in God
can influence their actions.
- Provide an environment encouraging an awareness
- An opportunity to see who God is at their own
- A hands on craft creating an experience to help
the children see how God relates to them directly, not just through parents,
teachers, and mentors.
- Teach children to pray and that they can pray to